Sunday, July 6, 2014

I've been having a great 3 months.  I only remember the stuff that I recently did, so you won't be hearing about the 2 1/2 months.  On the 4th of July, in the morning we went to Ward Party and the mile run.  But it wasn't called a mile run, it was called a Fun Run.  Is a mile fun?  No!  Well, this year they did different awards, the first man, the first woman, the first boy, the first girl, and other stuff.  When I heard that the first girl... I knew it was me.  And so we started the race; there were about 2 girls that sprinted at the very first.  They were ahead of me.  I was about to sprint to when my Dad went by me and said, "Keep your pace.  Don't go too fast."  So, I kept my same pace the whole time and felt really good when I got a roll going.  And I ended up passing those girls.  And then I ended up coming in 5th overall.  The reason why Logan beat me, because he got 4th overall, because if they were going to do Senior Primary, Junior Primary, YM, YW, etc. then I would have probably sprinted the whole way which would have got me the same with Logan.  So, when they were giving out the awards I came out and realized that last year, I ran about half way and then I couldn't run anymore.  So, I realized that the whole way I kept my pace, which was pretty fast but not too fast, that it was thanks to P.E. that they work us so hard and swim team.  In our basket we got glow in the dark sticks, sponge animals where you put it in water and it grows, and then I got a whole bunch of candy.

And then in the afternoon, we went to a Swim Party.  It was pretty cool.  It had a whole bunch of food but it was all disgusting.  And then, with some people I played volleyball in the water.  And each time they tried to hit it over, they'd hit, it would look like it was coming over, and then the wind would turn it and blow it out.  And then we also did games.  The first was the water raft races.  I almost got first, but I got 2nd.  It was really close.  At first when I did it, there was a boy that was way ahead but he stopped and it was between me and another girl.  And then we did a hula hopping competition.  They did three rounds.  And what you had to do is you had do hula hopping for 30 seconds (that's easy).  The first round it was between me and this other boy, but I came too close and his hula hoop knocked mine down.  But I won the 2nd round.  And then they did a coin dive where they throw coins in the water and you have to get them.  They said that there were three buffalo coins.  And if you got one, you would get a prize.  So, I'm in the water looking for coins and I'm getting as many as I can.  And then I gave all of my coins to my Dad and looked for more.  I looked down in the water and I see a kid picking up dimes in the water.  I looked down and saw a whole bunch more so I dived in the water and started picking them up.  I got some dimes and then I looked and saw the buffalo coin.  I dived and got it and you could tell he was going for it too.  When I came above the water and so did he, I holded up the coin and I said, "Buffalo coin," in an accent.  I had no problem doing that because he beat me in the first round of the hula hooping contest and he was bragging to me a lot about it too.

In the evening, we went to Boerne to see the fireworks.  There was a playground.  I played on it for a little bit but got bored.  So, I went back, ate a sandwich, and played with some girls for the rest of the time.  We played Jackpot, soccer, Ultimate Frisbee.  And while we were playing Ultimate Frisbee, there were some huge winds and you could tell it was going to rain.  And so we had to hurry and gather our stuff.  And when we were 1/4th to the car it started pouring on us.  So, we went to the car and we waited for the rain to stop.  and then we came out and set out stuff back up.  And then we waited for the fireworks to start.  There was a whole bunch.  My Dad like the big ones.  But I like the shape ones.  In the middle of the fireworks, I looked down, and Emma is sleeping.  And I think to myself and my mom says, "How could she be sleeping in the middle of fireworks?  Fireworks are loud."  And I had a great 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment